View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 05:19 AM   #31
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: why should we care about other people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
What good is it to care about the feelings or welfare of other people?
The good that comes from caring about people is that it motivates people to cooperate with each other, and then my argument above follows. I did in fact answer your question, I just assumed that this much was already obvious and I didn't need to explain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
...cooperating with people isnt the same thing as caring about people.
Semantics. If you were referring to "caring" as strictly an emotional response you should not have phrased the question the way you did. On top of that, you'd be proving my point. As strictly an emotional response, no one can make you care about anything [directly], so asking people to convince you to care is vapid and attention-seeking.

We can teach and influence people to care about stuff by explaining or demonstrating objective reasons that relates to things the person already cares about. This is why I phrased the response the way I did. It is a general blanket concept that gives everyone a reason to care about other people. If you actually cared to care about other people and learn something, you'd take the argument for what it is and relate it to your own reason to care and contribute to the discussion with meaningful responses. By being salty and snapping back at me you're showing that what you actually cared about was being part of a conversation and your own ego, regardless of content.

P.S. Thanks for the "your files suck" comment on my wall. I appreciate all kinds of feedback. ;P

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 01-13-2016 at 05:24 AM..