Thread: accuracy pls
View Single Post
Old 01-7-2016, 02:53 PM   #5
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: accuracy pls

I feel your pain,
as i'm trying to get back into ffr and also have abysmal accuracy.
There are times where I can get decent scores but i really have to concentrate and it's completely exhausting.

One thing you should try doing is changing your speed mods/offsets a bit more.
you may think you're comfortable but there may be an even better one for you.
the slightest difference in scroll speed will make a huge difference. (try setting the speed a bit lower, and then work your way up)
On ffr r3 engine, it took me until a month ago to find a decent setting. But legacy is the only engine i can pa well on, so maybe testing out other engines will help too; even though r3 is incredibly beautiful...

bottom line though, to get more aaa's/pa you gotta play charts well under your skill level.
and by that i mean the lowest of the low. free space/excite bike/etc.
and then work your way up.

it took me too many years before i had ever aaa'd anything in my entire rhythm gaming history. and it was like 7 seconds long.
I remember when i edited a chart on sm to only have 4 notes, and when i AAAA'd it i felt great and proud of myself, seeing that gleaming row of A's just made me happy to understand that achieving these things aren't impossible, and i just need to start a bit further back than i thought.

tl'dr
start from the bottom(very bottom), and work your way up.

my regime for improving acc. was aaa 1-2 easy songs(cause sometimes they take a few tries each) then i go play a chart i like and have fun with that's more my skill level for a little. then repeat. some easy charts might be pretty difficult and if you've tried like 10 times id suggest you go to the next cause mindblocking is a very real thing.
though, everyone learns and improves in different ways, maybe this can give you a starting point.
Goodluck out there.

Last edited by Frank Munoz; 01-7-2016 at 02:55 PM..
Frank Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote