View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #30
Wafles
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Wafles
Default Re: [4k] Xayy LMAO Mixtape (feat. Chill Pill) RELEASE

Here's some comments I guess.

If a song isn't listed below it was either too hard for me, or I didn't like the song enough to play it. Song choice was a mixed bag for me in this pack, but I know plenty of other people do like the songs that I skipped so take that as you will, just my opinion.

Numeric rankings don't really indicate how well a chart was stepped, just how much fun I had with it, which in the end is all that really matters to me.

(Xayphon) 365 UNITED STARS - really interesting song, probably the most enjoyable breakcore file I've played this year. 9/10

(Tim) BADBOY - intro is a little slow compared to what it ramps up to after that. not bad otherwise, just not super memorable to me. Camellia is becoming a bit overplayed I think. 6/10

(Xayphon) Bow Down, You Ignorant Fools! - wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did, it ended up being pretty fun even if the song is pretty annoying. drags on a bit. 6/10

(Xayphon) Confronting the Menace - Fun little minedodge minijack file. Why bother stepping like 5 seconds of the fadeout though? Why not cut right before that? Just irked me a bit. 7/10

(Xayphon) Crash Up Against The Inevitable - well, it's stepped well and all that, but this was just kinda boring for me. maybe it'll hold up on rates but IDK. 3/10

(Xayphon) Die Legende - lol what was this. I had fun but this is just goofy. Low audio quality, but I'll probably end up replaying this a bunch anyway for god knows what reason... something about this chart just works for me. 8/10

(Xayphon) Die Sendung mit der Maus - short/goofy dump. I really dont have much of an opinion on this one. 5/10

(Xayphon) Drop It - I really liked the song, otherwise this is about as standard as handstream gets. I'll replay it on rates though. 7/10

(Xayphon) Du und Ich - I'll never get sick of blumchen handstream files. Cool song, the minor progression break section was really neato between all the major stuff. Chart is nothing special I guess, but it works good enough by my book. 8/10

(Xayphon) Eviscerate - Really fun file. The ending streams were really interesting, but the whole file itself is just really well done. Will definitely play this a bunch. 9/10

(Xayphon) Gaspard de la nuit - how long did this take you to step? 10/10

(IcyWorld) GRADIUS 2012 -Extended Mix- - Ugh, I don't even know how to feel about this. The song is just miserable. I'd have to play this on mute, but the steps were kinda average otherwise aside from some cool minijack sections. 2/10. If the whole song sounded as good as the preview music I probably would've liked this a lot more, but instead this feels like false advertisement to me.

(Phil) Imagine Breaker - Why is the audio quality for this so bad? big difficulty spike kinda ruins this for me too. 4/10

(Phil) Like a Fuckin' Sun - Meh. Pretty average. 4/10.

(IcyWorld) LOVERYTEKS - 7/10, standard icyworld handstream, fun as usual just nothing really new.

(Xayphon) Mission to the Deep Space - I'm a bit biased here because this is one of my favorite pieces of VG music of all time, but I enjoyed myself during this. 8/10

(Caliber) Open Window feat. Anna Yvette - weird light JS dump. SDP sightreads are pretty cool I guess. I'll try this on rates later, but 1.0 felt kinda lame to me. 4/10

(IcyWorld) Operation Ground And Pound - Really standard dragonforce marathon. Something about the first half of this song irked me, felt like the song kept changing every 30 seconds, probably just one of DF's worst songs I guess. 6/10

(Caliber) Renatus - really liked the song. the weird color theory jumptrill didn't make sense to me. fun MA file. 8/10

(Xayphon & Phil) Resistance 6 - 15s empty intro (or more?), huge difficulty spike halfway in. not for me. 2/10

(IcyWorld) Tenku No Shiro Vuerieru - really fun js/hs file, not much else to say. 8/10

(IcyWorld) Thwek - kinda boring chart for me, just didn't feel like it was going anywhere so I ended up quitting out about half way in. 2/10

Last edited by Wafles; 12-20-2015 at 05:48 PM..
Wafles is offline   Reply With Quote