View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 04:36 AM   #614
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa
Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS)!

Ok got the chance of judging some files
tonight

Agrabah Market (NeonSM) - No. This simfile is extremely unbalanced. Starts super easy then turns into triplets and quads all over the place. No consistency in the patterns. Song doesn't have much to offer either ;/

Blazing Lazers (???) - NO

Boss Battle 3! Vs Burns' Goons (_.Spitfire._) - Yes
. Super fun file dude! Only advice I would give is maybe on the second time the song repeats itself, try to follow a different set of sounds maybe? File is fun already, but less repetition would make it much, MUCH more enjoyable!

Colress Battle (Kommisar) - Hell Yeah!. Suuuuper fun file. Jacks are the death of me but it suits the song just fine. Money song too!

Dark World (porkypink) - Maybe. Not gonna lie man, this file is really fun. However, There's something about some of the notes that bothers me. I haven't played it with headphones or looked at it in the editor, but I think you have some incorrect note placements (16ths instead of 24ths). It just messes with the flow of the file. Again, take another look at it and see if you notice anything off and get back to me. Minor fixes will give it a yes from me!

Dr. Wily Stage 1 (Scylaax) - Yes. Super fun.

Frontier Brain (Scylaax) - Yes. A little too hard for me but looks good

Fullmetal Fighter (Kommisar) - Yes. Same as a above.

Get Jinxed! (XelNya) - Maybe. I'm undecided about this one. The file itself is well built, albeit a little repetitive. Liked the color note theory you tried, even though I am fairly new to this concept of stepping. On the other hand, the second part felt repetitive, you should play around with it, try to follow different sounds/patterns for the second half. Also, at the very end, you don't need to step the echoes of the last note, just the one. Take a second look and let me know if you think you can improve it, and I'll say yes for sure!

Go Forth! Great Fox (ferrari) - Yes. Fun file. Reminds me a lot of the way some of my simfiles feel and play o_O

Grannies World Tour (dub) - Yes. Fun file.

Krook's March (bmah) - No.

Madness (Little Fugue) (porkypink) - Yes. Fun file.

Magical Sound Shower (MarioNintendo) - FUCK YES. Who are you??? And please, for the love of GOD, make more files.

March of the One Legged Man (James May) - Yes. Fun file.

Masquerade of Lies (detrimentalist) - Yes

That's it for today! To be reviewed:

Minuit A Fond La Caisse (James May)
Neo Kobe Steel Factory (Jombo)
Opaque Air (Gundam-Dude)
Professor Sycamore's Theme (Yulanik)
Ringo's Theme (Kommisar)
Road Warriors (Jombo)
Ruins of the Giant (bmah)
Samekichi's Resolve (James May)
Shovel Knight Main Theme (MarioNintendo)
Silver Lining (Scylaax)
Splash Down (bmah)
Tal Tal Heights (Reshiram)
Tenshi (rCaliberGX)
The Only Thing I Know For Real (Scylaax vs Kommisar)
The Stains of Time (Condoct)
Traverse Town -remix- (porkypink)
Unrest ~ Their Own Brand of Justice (FoxX)
Wind-Blooming Mountain (Yesssss)
Wiosna (rCaliberGX)
X vs Zero (porkypink)