Thread: honest question
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX
Default honest question

That's something I wondered about since I learned about the difference between spread and index style.
Why did people play index in the old times? And why was it a fad? Because that's certainly not what I'd qualify as a "natural" or "practical" disposition to play any arrow game ever.

Beatmania players used to have one hand for the 7keys and the other hand for the turntable because that was a natural position when files weren't mad [A], even though it would appear strange today, it was a kinda rational approach at the times.
But I can't get what subtleties back then would have encouraged people to play index. When I say I wondered about that I mean "I wouldn't even have considered index style to be something valuable and conceivable before seeing that much people play like this".

So there, give me your best shot : why would people play index before ? seriously that's a style as impractical as it gets. When I started Stepmania in 2007 and played exclusively pad files, spread style was just the way my finger naturally placed themselves on the keyboard, would I have been a genius back in 2005?????

Last edited by ScylaX; 09-18-2015 at 11:15 AM..
ScylaX is offline   Reply With Quote