View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 06:22 PM   #37
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Give me a song, I'll describe its visuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
@ymia: No you got me wrong, I mean the first album. Which I believe is the self-produced one with Mansoor from Periphery? It lacks nuance and even then it's dividing. Distortion and cymbals in "Thoroughly at Home" for example give enough texture to support its sharp counterparts and legatos. But then most of it sounds awfully tubular ("Tessitura" is exactly that). It's like their rigs cut out the resonance and the instrumentation becomes stale and rigid.
In contrary, there's an awesome sweep around the first minute mark of "Behaving Badly" where that sort of sound is put to good use. But then the background chords also come out super dry and it doesn't help it stand out. That section basically represents my beef with the album.
Okay I see what you mean. I just personally enjoy the sound. Honestly their most recent album blows the previous two out of the water, I have have personal preference to Tempting Time, Modern Meat, CAFO, and Song of Solomon.

I'm not very good when it comes to speaking technicalities with instrumentation and production, but I'm pretty sure I understand what you mean. I think their most recent album "The Joy of Motion" would be much better for you. Off of that album personal favorites are Ka$cade, Tooth And Claw, Mind-Spun, and Nephele.

Excited for the descriptions though. And here's the youtube link plus 1 more because I can:

Modern Meat

Scale the Summit - Evergreen (Starts at 0:15-1:46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote