Old 08-22-2015, 08:53 PM   #175
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Zageron, and now Synth, have both asked the community what they would do differently if they were put in control of the site.
I have to reverse that question:
The site is clearly declining in activity.
People are unsatisfied.
What would you do to make this site vibrant again? What is the vision from the top?
Is there one at all?
That's fine, you can ask that. Knowing that Zag's time along with mine has been very limited for some time, I think your questions come off a little bit like diffusion of responsibility but it's a fair question none the less. It's also one that I think I have repeatedly answered since I have been active in this thread today. No matter how lacking in activity you think this site is right now, it's a matter of perspective. We do have every opportunity in the world right now and there are people putting together their own sites and that wished their SEO and activity level was even a fraction of this. Konami themselves put together the DDR Action community after they mined us for ideas under NDA (now expired) at their offices in California. I am sure they spent millions and it failed because it didn't have the advantages we have here.

I have already talked about ideas moving forward. The vision is simple and has not changed. It doesn't need to change. Preserve history, continue to involve the rhythm gaming community in general, transition the game onto a new platform, work with new artists, and provide leadership that speaks to the visitors of the site and the staff. These are things that worked really hard on from 2001 until about 2008 or 2009 and I don't think those goals have really wavered much. It's almost a mission statement.

But it's not an all or nothing situation. When I say I have already talked about them, I have in this thread. Start with one thing, leadership. Expand from there. I am someone that believe that success is a symptom of passion and passion is contagious.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by Synthlight; 08-22-2015 at 08:55 PM..