View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #125
MosaicMan3
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
This site succeeded not because FFR had superior features or software in general but because of the community that was rallied around it. I treated this site like a BBS from the 1980's. Like albums before people could by or stream single songs. It's a sense of experience. There was a common interest fortified by many avenues of communication. The game itself was just the flower on top of a long ass sunflower.
First and foremost, I greatly appreciate your response. However I've fully aware that FFR has become something much, much greater than it intended to be. And I genuinely applaud you and your original team for making this happen.

However this sunflower isn't the same community anymore. Yes, many of the old timers are still here, but the majority of the folks here are newish (later than 2010 or so).

We need to be proud of our past, work in the present, and plan for the future.

However we are stuck in the past. This community is different, and different in a good way. We need to embrace the change that needs to happen, and make them happen.

In all honesty not a single new player gives a damn about the past of this game and how much work was put into this game, they care about the pretty little "sunflower" that is presented before them.

Without new players a community will eventually die all together and FFR will only remain as a wiki page for my kids to stumble upon one day.