Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #53
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: What's happening in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
Exactly. That's exactly how an organisation should work. Have weekly meetings, designate tasks, report on those tasks, etc. Then, it would be much easier to tell the community what's going on.
In my current workplace JIRA is used for assigning tasks to Developers and the QA Team. There are daily Scrum meetings so everyone on the Team is on the same page and knows if anyone is blocked by another developer (there's a software defect preventing QA testing, etc.)

I have no issue with providing weekly updates on the batch similar to a format like I showed in my earlier post about what is To Do, In Progress, and Done. I feel like if dev adopted this kind of structure, they would have a much better idea of who is assigned a development task and provide better estimates of how long something will take -- it will also allow the definition of a task to be made clear so the team knows it's done.

For posts regarding hurting feelings, remember that it's important to provide a sense of direction when giving feedback. There is nothing wrong with having genuine concerns.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 08-21-2015 at 07:31 PM..