View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Tier 2 IT support questions/ your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
Wish I had more for you here. I'm currently in a tier 1 position supporting proprietary software, so we're only sorta in the same ballpark here. In my situation, tier 2 checks to see if tier 1 missed any known solutions. If there isn't already a solution or fix in place, they do a lot of checking to see if it's a known issue that's already on tier 3's radar, or if it's actually a new/unknown problem that needs to be escalated. Wikipedia's explanation of tier 2 support seems to mirror this fairly closely.

D'you know what operating system(s) you'd be dealing with? That might be a good place to start brushing up or researching.

Hope there's a better response than mine soon, as I'd be curious to hear about someone's experiences. Best of luck!

edit: Here's a blog post with a brief description. Given your field, I'm sure you're quite proficient in Googling stuff, but hey.
http://joehertvik.com/help-desk-defi...vel-3-support/
I'm not sure which OS' they'd be using to be honest. Staffing companies don't give me much information to work with haha. Do you remember how your interview was in terms of what they asked you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
no certs? interview will be a waste of time. gg.
I know right? How in the fuck am I "overqualified" if I have no certs, and barely any experience? gg lol.