View Single Post
Old 04-2-2015, 07:31 PM   #8
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: [OPEN] FFR Simfle Judge Applications

I've edited a couple of the questions and will keep track of those edits at the bottom of the OP. If, after reading your application again, you feel you need to add more to your answers, the best thing would be replying to your old e-mail with just the new information, so it will all be threaded together. This would be better than sending a whole new e-mail with all the information again each time I edit the survey.

Actually, now that I think about it, any Part B e-mails may as well be responses to Part A e-mails, so all of an applicant's stuff will be in one e-mail thread. I'll edit the OP to mention that.

P.S. The only joke was how I said I'd fired all the judges in the Queue/Batch thread. No one's been fired, but there does need to be a serious talk about what it takes to keep the Simfile Judge title.

EDIT: Okay, well, someone did do a reply with new information, but it still showed up as a new e-mail rather than as part of a thread. The reply had the same subject prefixed with "Re:", which is something Gmail looks for when deciding to thread an e-mail. So, I'm not sure what happened there. But if your first e-mail didn't have the proper subject, and you reply to it, don't change the subject.

So all the reply ended up doing was appending the old e-mail to the end of the new one. At least all the information will still be in one e-mail, so I'll just remove all the old ones from the inbox.

SUPER-LATE EDIT: Turns out the above was due to Conversation Mode being turned off. Welp! So yeah. Replying to your original e-mail with new information totally works and will keep everything together.

Last edited by Silvuh; 05-1-2015 at 01:34 AM..
Silvuh is offline   Reply With Quote