View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 08:50 PM   #198
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 132: Carrie & Lowell by Sufjan Stevens

My hipster cred is going to sink below zero once I admit that I've never listened to a Sufjan Stevens album.

I've never listened to a Sufjan Stevens album.

And I never really wanted to but I guess this is a convenient time to start. Maybe I'll like the guy.

At first, the fingerpicking and ultra-pretty voice was enjoyable. Eventually though, it started putting bad thoughts in my head. No joke, this music makes me irrationally ANGRY. I need to stop and meditate if I'm going to finish this album holy crap.

Well, I didn't meditate, but I did take some deep breaths to clear my mind. Now let's hit that play button.

Starting again, I actually have no idea why this music made me angry. That may have been one of the most bizarre reactions I've ever had to music. This music isn't really offensive, it's just basic arpeggio-heavy indie folk. Really... Not that interesting, I don't get it why is this so fantastic? It's pretty and all, but nothing here makes me think I wanna come back to this. The whole mood of the album is funeral dirge, but it's too repetitive and distant to really evoke any emotions other than boredom, and apparently anger.

Half of this album pissed me off, and half of it just bored me. Not impressed.

Best Track: Whatever the name of the first track is, though that's because it had yet to have any collective impact on me when I listened to it.
Rating: 4/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote