View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 07:18 AM   #43
FF_rules
FF Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Dueling Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzas View Post
I don't think anyone actually played it back then, like Pokemon... Seemed like not a lot of people played, just collected and traded. I see Pokemon being played more now than ever, at least around here. Me being one of them.
I went to a store with my cousin who got me into the scene when I was around 8 (he's 9 years older than me). I was basically destroying people with random decks until I accidentally stumbled upon the rain dance meta (no one really knew how to play efficiently and an 8 year old was the first to figure out the meta in the store... they all must have been super casuals). That aside; I still play card games randomly (I stopped for the past year and half though).

I went through MTG tournies making money at every single event I went to; I use to play CFVG with the group that played at world level (I'm pretty sure one of them made it into top 3 but not in world's; can't remember); among other things.

That said; I think I'm being bias when I say I knew people who played with their pokemon cards back when base set was still new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
While MTG is way too mana-reliant for my tasting
http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/mag...g/daily/pr/299

(tl;dr) 0 mana legacy dredge deck. (Legacy mtg is a scary beast)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
I can understand where people don't like slow-paced games because they wanna just get the game over with and not like dragged out games that could wear them out in the long run.
There's a difference between a slow meta format and slow players. I'm fine with the fat meta every once in a while; but a slow player has literally cost me tournies as I patiently wait for them to go 1-1 out of 3 in 45 minutes and end up giving me that draw which slots me under best 8.

That said; if anyone plays me in DN i'll be that loser who takes too long per turn.

Last edited by FF_rules; 03-20-2015 at 07:28 AM..
FF_rules is offline   Reply With Quote