View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #15
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: Cities: Skylines

You can upgrade existing roads without demolishing them, but you'll end up bulldozing anything the width of the new road touches.

Love this game, wanted to give it a shot last night and 4 hours passed by in the blink of an eye. I started getting anxiety around 20k people and I had to quit, it started to feel like an actual job and I was falling way behind with abandoned buildings. I think they were bitching about taxes and I built too many high density residential areas from the get go.

It'd be nice if they included a better tutorial too; I ended up starting from scratch 4 or 5 times before I really had a handle on the processes in play. Starting off really small and being smart with your zoning initially is key. Also make sure you pay close attention to the flow of rivers/streams when you first establish your water pumps/drains because you'll end up screwing yourself in expansion efforts until you can afford a treatment plant.

Not really sure what to make of all the different city policies you can issue; I've done more of a trial and error approach with them.

Overall this might be the best Simcity game ever made. The mod support is fantastic and the community is really delivering on that front. EA should look at this effort and take notes.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote