View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #66
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXII: The AniMatrix6 - Post-game

Catching benguin was impressive. I would suggest maybe saving the kind of push you made during Night 1 for sometime in the following Day phase, because that kind of content encourages activity, and that Day ended up being pretty slow. That's just my take on it, though, and I'm sure some would disagree.

Instalynching V was, as you've already noted, probably not the strongest play. Even though I think V would have eventually been lynched that phase, he could have posted his check from Night 2, which would have made the game even more secure after the Cop flip. Patience is key!

There's not much for me to comment on, honestly. The reads list you posted shortly before your death looked just fine to me. Maybe that list wasn't the best use of your very limited time, though, given its length.

Placing the final vote on Redsludge seemed to result in you getting some heat, so that's something to note for future games. However, I've seen some people say that wolves are less likely to place that vote, because they already know the flipp will be Village-aligned, and they don't want that kind of attention. So I wouldn't say that's a universally "weak" play from a wolf. Depends on who else is playing in the game, I suppose.

Overall, I thought you played this game just fine. Would've been interesting to see if the 50/50 had killed storn instead of you!

I thought that first big post of yours was excellent. Also, as I mentioned in-game, I thought your defense of storn helped make you look Villager-y, which can help others to correctly narrow down lynch candidates.

Voting yourself to avoid a phantom was clever, but according to whatever phantom rules I vaguely remember from this site, I think that still results in a phantom being accrued, or used to. Something to note.

Wolves can talk with each other during Night phases, and they usually do, but it's not technically necessary. Only one wolf needs to send the mod a PM in order to send a kill. Worth remembering!

Your insults (even when toned down) can come off as uninviting, based on what I've heard from a few spectators. It's absolutely in the nature of the FFRTWG community (and you were probably a pioneer), but the jTWG label is advertised as being lower-stakes. I'd just say, be mindful of that if you happen to sign up for another one in the future.

I read you as Cop, so \o/

Looking forward to seeing you play TWG again, should you choose to keep playing here.

You were fun to play with! You had some silly posts, and it's nice to be reminded that TWG is, in fact, a game.

I've often found that a good way to try to avoid being near the chopping block for a lynch is to show exactly what you're thinking. As best you can, go through your own logic and articulate it for others. Even for "gut" feelings, there should be something that person said or did to make you feel that they are or aren't wolfy. Even if your writing ends up being somewhat unclear to others, putting an attempt on display can at least show others that you're engaged.

As I'm sure you noticed, your roleclaim basically sealed your fate in this game. One of the biggest differences between TWG on LLF and TWG on FFR is that LLF allows private communication between/among players outside of the thread, whereas FFR usually does not.

When external communication is permitted, I think fake roleclaims from non-wolves become more common, because you can give different stories to different people. The head of an alliance can post one thing in the thread, while given the actual details (or perhaps different, yet still fabricated, ones!) to the alliance.

As fake roleclaims from non-wolves become more common, they become more permissible, as does rescinding those claims. Seeing a deer run across the road in a country area is a very different thing from seeing that happen in the heart of New York City, haha. People react strongly to things they're not used to.

That's my take on what happened in the first phase of this game. In any case, even though your play resulted in you being lynched, it also gave Charu an opportunity to read a reaction to your play from a wolf. High five!

Congrats on making it so far in your first game as a wolf! You've outdone any of my own performances on this site, by far.

You were my top pick for the last remaining wolf just before I died, but a lot of what I used to try to deduce that was based on circumstances which were largely out of your control, haha.

Just a couple of critiques from me:

- The choof kill from Night 0 started to point in your direction, I think. Killing someone who was suspicious of you isn't a universally "weak" play, by any means. Getting rid of that heat is worthwhile, and even if people notice, I'd say they're just about as likely to chalk it up to "framing" as they are to believe the alternative. More importantly, from my perspective, it's generally optimal play from wolves to try to hunt and kill people with Power Roles. choof roleclaimed Vanilla Townie, so when I saw that choof had died, I figured that a veteran player was less likely to have been involved in that choice of wolfkill. Something to note!

- Your response after the benguin lynch caught my eye. You said that you were trying hard to find reasons why benguin could be a wolf and could be worth lynching, but you hadn't said anything about that in your prior posts during that Day phase. Some players prefer to post fairly infrequently, and I think lying like that would be more viable for them than someone who makes frequent, short posts; we all got to see what was on your mind throughout that phase, and clearly, consideration of voting to lynch benguin was not on your mind. Haha.

That's all I got. I feel like that playing style of posting frequently and rapidly results in being read as Villager-y more often than not in this TWG community, so I think that helped your cause more than it hurt in this game. Not everyone has the ability to constantly stay on their toes like that in this game. I'm quite impressed!

I feel confident that, regardless of whether or not the 'j' in jTWG is present and regardless of whether you're wolfin' or hunting wolf in a given game, you'll feel right at home here. I hope you agree. Welcome aboard!

Not much to say. I thought your play d0 was rock solid. My vote on you was more to try to show what a pretty standard vote based on someone "knowing too much" looks like.

Dead people tell no tales! If anything, it's lucky that you flubbed here instead of a longer game where people were more invested. Whether or not you get a game ban, what's important is that you lean from this experience. Don't post! Just don't do it!

edit: omg I forgot choof I'm sorry

Last edited by dAnceguy117; 03-12-2015 at 10:47 AM..
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote