Thread: Joint issues
View Single Post
Old 03-7-2015, 01:49 AM   #3
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Joint issues

I've been told surgery is the only option other than prevention of pain/damage, but that was after my final surgery which was years ago.

I still feel grinding while doing the "pinch".

As for the reconstruction, in the simpleton words I can speak of, the bone sticking out on the elbow had punched through the joint like a hammer hitting a spike, and that widened/tore the tissue, and the bones kept slipping out again and again. So, they needed to reposition the "cup" where the bone sits, and build tissue that would hold it in place, with a more dense surrounding to keep it from falling out. A consequence of that is limited mobility because its essentially locked into the joint (pins were in it for a long time to make sure the joint healed in place solidly).

As for my hand rotation, you know the two bones in the forearm? They cannot move. They stay vertically stacked, and nothing else. So, I can assist my wrist to bend palm down and palm up, but by default, I'm in handshake position, figuratively speaking.

My next doc appointment for unrelated issues will have this brought up to see what he says.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote