View Single Post
Old 03-4-2015, 08:26 PM   #553
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Trumpet63’s “Divisionless” Tournament R7

Thought the concept of divisionless play was cool. Unfortunately, it's pretty clear that higher divisions have an advantage over the lower divisions since they can play the harder songs on the list.

At least you have the opportunity to step up and play a harder song than the one that's at your skill range, or if you're raging to that song, play the easier song and possibly get a nice rating from it.

That being said, there should be a division factor in the formula so that everyone has a chance to win the entire thing. For example if you're D7 and you play the D6 song, it should affect your rating negatively by a certain margin and vise versa for D5 players playing the D6 song.

Last but not least, I wish this tournament was funded more. It was a good concept, but I'd feel bad for anyone using under 200k as their prize pot. I know I'm not the right person to say that considering I don't donate to tournaments, but that's just how I feel about it. Nicely ran tourney overall, and I hope to see this again soon enough.