View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 06:20 PM   #56
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR
Default Re: What is arrogance/humility, what is bragging, is it bad, and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
By the way, deductive reasoning is not "a completely pointless circle jerk" because in order to interpret and understand a statement (that may require statistics and data to demonstrate) you need to use deductive reasoning to understand it. We do not in any way use "pure deductive reasoning", and since you think that, you clearly don't know what it really means. (But it doesn't matter anyways because that's not what we're doing)

If I say "Most ravens are black." you need to use deductive reasoning in order to understand what each of those words mean, and what they mean when put together, and THEN you can make a judgment as to whether or not it's true.

This isn't even a topic of statistics. This is a topic of psychology and sociology (or something I dunno, but it's definitely not statistics). Just because it involves the human perception does not make this issue necessarily statistical. Why would you even suggest statistics as the end all evidence required to demonstrate a concept that is not related to statistics? It doesn't make sense.
simple. it relates to human perception, and humans and their perception of things are not purely logical, so the only way to find a real answer is to sample.

Last edited by FoJaR; 02-13-2015 at 06:20 PM..
FoJaR is offline   Reply With Quote