View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #323
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Trading Card Game (C3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I wonder if there is an auction site that could be used that doesn't require you to use real money/just run dummy auctions for something like this?
Well it wouldn't have to be anything complex, it could be just a Skype room or some other IM client. Plus it's not like it necessarily has to be an auction every time. Even if one person PM's someone with interest to buy a card, and it meets the criteria for credit amount, if they accept that would be fine too. If auctioning becomes popular, you could probably make a TCG auction / offer Skype room to centralize it.

I'm unsure about trading unopened packs however, because then people might be more focused on hording unopened packs to turn around for credits, as opposed to actually opening them for use with anything you create down the line. I'm not sure what sort of baseline price would counteract this. If it's too low, people won't bother, if it's too high, packs might just get backlogged by people in hopes of sales. Even if a good price is found, it might just mean that people will be more focused on getting packs for a guaranteed credit sell. Plus making sales so easily attainable would reduce the appeal of the higher tier card selling angle. It'd be more like "I can probably get 7.5k out of this horde pack without opening it, or have a very slim chance of getting 15k or more, but get nothing if RNG doesn't love me."