View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #261
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Portalbob340's Round Robin Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Chrysalis View Post
Goatstep isn't a 67, Ambient Angels isn't a 66.
All opinion of course....
Goatstep could should stay 66-67. The only reason why I think it could be deemed as a 67 is because you have 24ths going from 1231234 and then 4324321 around the end. Mirror or not, you will still hit the patterns in both ways. Plus, during the song, you have small tiny gallops making it a little more tricky. The song will alternate being in sync with the goat sounds and the instrumentals. This song requires decent reading ability and makes you not rely solely on just the rhythm.

Ambient Angels is 180 bpm js (That's not very fast. It's pretty standard if you ask me in regards to jumpstream songs). The patterns are relatively easy to hit until you get to that last section where you have alternating jumps [24][13][24][13]. Besides all that, it's nothing more than a do or don't song (If you hit the good frame on a jump, it can cause you to butcher the score). If you're weak at jumpstream, this song will be a burden for you. But I don't think the song is necessarily higher than a 66 considering the patterns are not extremely difficult to nail once you've played around with it. (aka, you don't need to be IcyWorld to AAA this chart).

Both of the FMO's target a different skillset from a player. Goatstep would be making a player to be able to hit trickier patterns and Ambient Angels requiring some sort of stamina and jumpstream ability.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 01-15-2015 at 01:27 AM..