View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 PM   #9221
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

July/August was an exception because it landed between the period of two well-known holidays: Thanksgiving and Christmas. My goal was to have all judge notes in before January 1st, 2015; however that is not something I have control over.

Going to what hi19 said, judging isn't a "one file a day" activity if you're looking to give serious reviews. If I have an intensive task, I can't just say "spend one hour a day" because that doesn't give me enough thinking time to solve problems. When I was writing code to put some automation into the batch process, I spent 10 hours on a Saturday -- I knew what problems were arising and did everything while it was still on my mind. Same goes with judging, you can't just stop midway.

Two judges and I have submitted notes before New Year came, but again, that is not something I have control over. You can try stating to get new judges, but the human factor takes into account what personal lives these people have. I can't just irrationally yell at people to finish, that doesn't get stuff done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0nkeyz View Post
One of the biggest frustrations I have with being so behind in judging, is that I am looking at certain files I made a while ago. and some of them have some mistakes that can be easily fixed, yet I am looking at them locked down in a batch that's taking ages to be judged.

I mean if I had like 5 SAP, this wouldn't be too bad, but having 2 and still learning and testing certain things in DDreamstudio. It's kinda hard to get a file in and not get frustrated as a new stepper.
It may be a good idea for you to contact a stepartist to look over your file than wait for the batches. Silvuh and I are trying hard to get the batch back on track, but it needs to be done one step at a time. Impatience will only make everything worse.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 01-1-2015 at 12:01 AM..