View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #27
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Should we consider double setup "legit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This game is a DDR clone. In case you didn't notice that, the name of the site implies we are.
All the DDR consoles I've ever played have only had one panel on the dancepad per arrow.
Notably, DDR games have had things like speed modifiers, which is why they were eventually added into FFR as well.

Now, obviously FFR is not the same game as DDR. But there's a respect for tradition here.
One input per arrow has been a constant since the very first game was released, so I don't see any reason to suddenly redefine the entire genre right now as a result of one forum thread.

This strikes me as a pretty weak argument.
"But using macros and bots is my style of playing" follows the same lines, no?
If we don't define cheating by what is acceptable in the community, how else do we define it?
If it's a respect for tradition why are we playing on keyboards and not metal pads? BECAUSE it's a clone and there are differences here and it is a different game. We don't have 4 legs so why do we use 4 fingers?

This isn't a genre defining thing. It's letting people do what's fun for them.

If you want to write a program/bot that AAA's 9999nps songs good on ya, we can draw the line at bots. Keep it out of ffr, there's no competition there.
But why take away from someone that is actually trying to have fun and improve their real skill? Why tell someone they can't have fun simply because we arbitrarily decide that double setup is cheating. Why limit the capabilities of everyone simply based on tradition when in the past we've broken tradition to have fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurykaN View Post
In ffr double setup is actually against site rules.
I know it is. Mind giving me a reason why it should stay that way? MORE IMPORTANTLY why we should adopt that mentality and bash all DS scores?

Last edited by icontrolyourworld; 12-28-2014 at 01:23 AM..
icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote