Old 12-28-2014, 01:12 AM   #25
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Should we consider double setup "legit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
if this is an issue with options in the game RIGHT NOW
we would have never gained access to speed modifiers in the past. we'd still be screen cutting. we would not be able to map our keys to things other than the arrow keys. we would not have split scrolling and whatnot.
This game is a DDR clone. In case you didn't notice that, the name of the site implies we are.
All the DDR consoles I've ever played have only had one panel on the dancepad per arrow.
Notably, DDR games have had things like speed modifiers, which is why they were eventually added into FFR as well.

Now, obviously FFR is not the same game as DDR. But there's a respect for tradition here.
One input per arrow has been a constant since the very first game was released, so I don't see any reason to suddenly redefine the entire genre right now as a result of one forum thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
It's just a video game, and even if we don't consider it the correct way to play, who are we to say no don't play that way that's cheating.?
This strikes me as a pretty weak argument.
"But using macros and bots is my style of playing" follows the same lines, no?
If we don't define cheating by what is acceptable in the community, how else do we define it?

One input per arrow has been the standard of acceptable in the community now for over 10 years. It's foundational.
There's certainly a lot of fun to be had playing double setup, but you have to respect why everyone is considering it essentially a different game- because it is.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 12-28-2014 at 01:16 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote