View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 11:43 PM   #135
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 75: Blast Tyrant by Clutch (Album Choice: noname219)

This is a rush review. Why I chose a 50 minute album for a rush review I do not know. But anyways, this is a stoner rock album, which sounds very appealing to me because I need a morning kicker. I'll be listening to this album eating oatmeal, in the bathroom and riding the bus to school. My TMI game too strong.

Allow to briefly rant about public transportation. The MBTA is the worst train system I have ever seen in my life. Trains smell like decaying ass buses dirty, and the delays feel like they're contrived solely for your inconvenience. Also I've had at least 3 racist bus drivers in my time so there's that. On the plus side, Boston is so small as to make the system completely navigable compared to New York.

Anyways, the music. This is pretty run of the mill stoner rock. Sabbath worship for days with a tinge of groove. As a whole it's pretty good, though I'd honestly take Queens Of The Stone Age for my riff-based stoner rock on most days. The main flaws with this album I have are that things occasionally get samey, and when they try to mix things up, like getting extra funky or going all outlaw country, the results are pretty trash. Luckily that only takes up a couple of tracks here or there.

This review took me over 16 hours to write. I wish it was any good.

Best Track: Promoter (Of Earthbound Causes)
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 12-22-2014 at 11:59 PM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote