Thread: FFR Standalone!
View Single Post
Old 12-9-2014, 04:49 PM   #372
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Standalone!

I recognize I missed a few of the last posts but I still actively watch and update the thread. If you want to make a new one I won't stop you but it's not like I've vanished.

edit: on that note, doing a few updates now

edit: Updated. It seems that all links are working fine outside of the Zymic hosted websites (zxq.net, etc) and I can't even log into Zymic to check on files for the community engine. Threw those into spoilers saying they are down for now. If anyone else sees an issue or something, let me know.

edit to address a few other posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
Hey, question here. R^3 standalone isn't loading i.e. stuck at 0%. Velocity standalone loads just fine, internet is stable otherwise. I moved back into college today, is 99.9% why the issue popped up. It was perfectly fine back in the spring though. Cleared cache, that didn't work. What should I try for the next couple of things?
It could be a network thing. If you have your computer set to block certain data transfers over "Public" connections vs "Home" connections, it could affect what you can do over your school's internet. Alternatively it could be a network issue on their side that arose from new security updates within the campus internet structure. Aside from those two I don't really know what to tell you. Did you have any luck solving the issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Specifically, Mac links are broken.
In regards to those saying the Mac links don't work, can you elaborate a little more? I double checked the links and they work fine... the ones that download a zip rather than a dmg are simply bundled together with all OS files, and they contain a dmg as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolgamer View Post
Is there any standalone version that include the removed bits, like the home key code sections?

If not, is there any other way to get back the retro fix of playing those files?
There is a standalone application or two for FFR that are floating around but they are not engine swf's that can be distributed and played on like the ones found here, nor is it the same. You're looking for a different engine altogether, not a "standalone version" (which I know is what you probably meant, just clarifying). You can get a little bit of a fix of retro playing here: http://ffr.lightdarkness.net/FFR/ffrndanotherway.swf but keep in mind it's not an active "online" engine so you won't be recording any scores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeelie View Post
Hey,

So I have a problem with my Standalone after I changed of PC (got a monster compared to my poor previous laptop), and as though I didn't had any lags with version 11 or 13 on my laptop, perfectly fluid and all, I'm getting framedrops constantly on my new PC and I don't get why.

I've tried every version from 9 to 15(found on adobe site) and it's always the same problem, even though versions 9,10,11 and 13 are the worst, constant lag...

What could I do to resolve that ? (and if it's answer in another thread you know, a link will be enough)

Thank you in advance !
While I can't say for sure what the solution to your issue is, we can take a look at a few things. Have you tried the other lag reduction techniques listed in the OP? If so, which ones?