View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #115
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 63: NEW DREAMS LTD by LASERDISC VISIONS (Album Choice: Arkuski)

I've got approximately 33 minutes and this album is a half-hour. Let's go real quick. To introduce, this is a vaporwave album. What the hell is vaporwave? I don't know and don't care. Tiny Mix Tapes loves this shit so it must be hipster-y. GO GO GO.

It's kind of ironic that I'm rushing to listen to this, because this is seriously a collection of elevator songs. Short snippets of jazzy/new-agey tunes you'd expect to hear in an office lounge or something. How the hell am I supposed to review this? It makes good sudoku music I suppose.

Actually, I must be honest and say I'm enjoying this stuff more than I should. Objectively, there's not much to say about this music. It's relaxing, simple, and nostalgic in a way that that makes you want to sit in a hotel or something. The only reason I'm enjoying this as much as I am besides city nostalgia is Nintendo nostalgia. Seriously, a lot of these songs sound like Nintendo shop music, or overworld music, or something like that. And because of that I'm getting the urge to sit in a hotel and play some 3DS. Goddamn school and work killing me off.

Yeah, I enjoyed that way more than I probably should have. If that makes me a hipster or a fluffer for Pitchfork, so be it. I'll take that status and keep this album.

Best Track: Tingri
Rating: 8.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote