FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice
Default Re: The FFR Scary Story Event

*drum roll please*
Votes

Best Overall:
Dark_Chrysalis

• Oh you...

You really captured the bitter details of a person who might be locked into a room playing FFR, forced to play it, and undergo intense physical pain. Another thing you brought about in your story was that "primal being", and that is something that everyone of us has within ourselves. If we must fight for survival, we will do (or play) anything and everything to survive a situation, no matter what the cost is. And we will do it at a heightened level that nobody can surpass.

(I cannot believe you pulled that out in just 30 minutes, but great work on the story, if it gets first place I wanna read ALLLLL of it. )

Plausibility: This story is plausible in the realm it is possible to capture someone and hold them into a detention area and force them to play FFR while at the same time fighting for survival like an animal trying to survive a life/death situation.

Most Frightening:

Dark_Chrysalis

• Again, in a situation where you cannot escape and are forced into playing a game is something I could not handle if the same situation was given to me in real life. I already have trouble with my nerves in the game, so putting me into a situation where my life is on the line might end up giving me a heart attack and I'd pass out or something like that.

Most Comical:

Callypygian

• Overall, I did not think you were going for scary. You totally took over the comical side to this, and I enjoyed your story with a few laughs of my own! I also like the battle part, where both players meet in a battledome-esque arena.

Plausibility: If only FFR had enough money to sponsor something like that! This story could be plausible if FFR had a donater of over 10,000 dollars or something like that to send two of the last D7 players to a battledome. And last time I checked, people donate randomly large sums of money to other people or even communities, so I wouldn't put this out of the realm of plausibility.

Best Imagery:

Goldstinger

• Pretty intense story, I like the graphic at the end depicting. I'm pretty sure that if I was playing a file and met with bloodcurdling screams, I'd shit my pants too. I kept imagining myself in the chair, scared so bad from the screams of the damned that I probably wouldn't be able to go to sleep for weeks. A situation where if my own computer died on me because of a game/virus is the thing I fear most because this is my only laptop that I have, and I cannot go out to buy another one. So that part actually scared me a lot more than it probably should have.

Plausibility: Using the right coding, I'm pretty sure you could probably recreate something like this in real life, so I'm pretty sure this could be a plausible event which makes it even scarier moreso.

Figured I'd critique the stories as well as vote, since you guys put so much time and effort into your stories.
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 10-25-2014 at 09:24 PM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote