View Single Post
Old 10-3-2014, 02:54 AM   #60
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: New Skill Analysis Metric (Trial Phase)

Yeah, I touched on the incomplete play issue earlier but didn't want to collect all the notecounts at the time. But I finally got this. (I started working at like 10:30, haha, and now I see I missed a few posts in here, welp!) Anyway, download link is the same.

zenith-score.xlsx

Writing a script to collect all the FFR file notecounts was much easier than trying to figure out how to get Excel's alphabetical sort to match FFR's, which ... I wasn't able to do, haha.

So there's a few more steps than before now:

1. Copy table data from levelrank.php
2. Sheet1!A1 should already be selected, so paste your data into the spreadsheet.
3. The pasted data will be selected, so you can go to Sort & Filter > Custom Sort
4. Sort by Level on Values with order A to Z so the note counts match up properly.
5. Enter Sheet2 to find your results.

The scaled score now divides by all completely played files of that difficulty. This does mean I'll have to update the spreadsheet every time new songs are uploaded, but that won't be a problem for me to do.

EDIT:

Oh, one thing you can add to your table is just a column of like (if the Google sheet uses the same notation as Excel)

=IF(ISBLANK(D2)=FALSE,D2=IF(C2<20,"D1",IF(C2<40,"D2",IF(C2<50,"D3",IF(C2<60,"D4",IF(C2<70,"D5",IF(C2<80,"D6","D7")))))),"")

filled down. First it checks if a user has an Actual Division Placement, outputs nothing if false, then assigns the scaled score to a division and checks if it's the same as the ADP, outputting TRUE or FALSE. Maybe you already did something like that for your table in post 57 though.

Oh, and just to say again, some version of the scaled score will definitely be more accurate, because the score is dependent on one's Best Difficulty. Like, a D7 player's Best Difficulty should not be 64, so the original score underestimates their skill.

Last edited by Silvuh; 10-3-2014 at 03:25 AM..
Silvuh is offline   Reply With Quote