View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 09:51 PM   #94
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 51: Ultramarine by Young Galaxy (Album Choice: NinjaKIWI)

Man, between music shit to do, 3 AP courses, and a job with erratic hours, I never feel I have the time to listen to albums these recent days. That's also not likely to change for a while. Oh well, let's do this.

I know for a fact at one point I was listening to too much synthpop, but that was before I was obnoxiously time-limited. So I haven't listened to too much synthpop as of recent, so this is actually sounding REALLY good to my ears. It's like a mix of 80s synthpop, twee pop and house beats. Without a doubt, these guys can create a good hook and catchy melody with synths and drum machines, and the diva-esque vocals and any touches they add (Strings in, Piano in Out The Gate Backwards, etc.) fit the foundation music well. If I have any complaints, it's that there are a few tracks that are too same-y or feel like filler, and the whole of the music seems a tad bit shallow, but either way, this was a pretty satisfying listen.

Oh yeah, and not counting that time with Twitter, and a few other times with Twitter (ah, high school) today marks 77 days. Whoop whoop.

Best Track: Probably Pretty Boy but there are a few contenders.
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote