View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 01:41 AM   #85
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 44: Flood by Boris (Album Choice: EzExZeRo7497)

It's about half past one in the morning right now. I originally hoped to get some sleep before 3 AM for the first time in what feels like the whole summer... But screw that. I need to get this APUSH homework done within the next seven days, then the summer reading that nobody actually does. Man, procrastination is a bitch to me.

I didn't actually get this album via random.org, FYI, I got a Dev/Null album. But I saw this and thought "well drone music is probably better for annotating, right?"

And one more thing before I start listening (goddamn this procrastination) does anyone find the format of these reviews to be confusing? It's very stream-of-conscious and very unprofessional, but I don't think it's confusing. That's not what some people tell me though.

And another thing, are grilled cheese sandwiches supposed to be soggy? Had a debate with my brother about the topic, since I'm pretty sure the word soggy has a negative connotation to it and I think of grilled cheese more as having a slightly abrasive mouthfeel at first with not much bite to it, then having a gooey center.

I reviewed another album from these guys earlier, Akuma No Uta. That was a good album, and one of the better ones during that binge of Japanese music. Japanese culture isn't really my thing for the most part, except the food. Man do I love some sushi, just like most other white people.

Wait I'm not white.

But yeah, Japanese culture as I stereotypically view it with my narrow viewpoint (I almost said eyes, but then I realized I would be making a self-racist joke) isn't something that tickles my fancy. Anime isn't usually pleasing to me and I usually connect Japanese music with bad asian pop groups and sickeningly sugary eye sore videos. Weird that I do, I mean, I like these guys for sure, and Boredoms and a ton of Bemani music.

Man I really should start reading this APUSH booklet. Anyone ever read The American Pageant? That's my summer homework. This first quotation seems to put Christopher Columbus in a positive light and I think of him as a genocidal maniac who is basically used as an excuse to give us a day off from school. I like that aspect, but can we rename it, like, Taino Memorial Day instead? I guess I should start reading this booklet, I mean that's why I specifically chose this album instead of Dev/Null.

You know I'm supposed to be taking notes or more specifically an outline on each chapter of the book, but I'm on the first page and an assload of the text is faded out. Why do they give us students these crappy disgusting paper booklets? And then they go ahead and say "if you return it in good condition you get extra credit" well then nobody is gonna get that extra credit. Are you implying we should buy you a new copy because you're too cheap to spend what looks like it costs 14 cents? Well actually I looked this up on the internet and the copies they're giving us don't seem to be in print at the moment, so either these are extremely old or these are bootleg. Either way, that's incredibly cheap of them! This is the school where the headmaster is reported to spend good portions of our budget on renovating her office, and we have the money to spend the money for 50 or 100 iPads in an iPad room that nobody ever goes in. What do we need those for? We can't download apps, they don't let us. Who honestly prefers typing on a goddamn iPad over a keyboard? The least they could do is give us text that doesn't look like it comes from colonial times. And while I'm at it, they could at least BUY SUFFICIENT TOILET PAPER FOR THE BATHROOMS. Man, I'm stressed out for this last week of summer, meanwhile most other kids are either already in school doing some practice shit with band or sports or just wasting away getting drunk. I wonder how many people are gonna just copy notes on the first day of school from someone else. Not that I'm against them personally, because there isn't a single person in my school who has never either BSed or cheated while maintaining any small function of a social life. Damnit I need a drink. I'll get one after I outline at least 4 pages.

I'm about one page into this APUSH booklet and already I'm kinda sensing some white supremacist stuff going on in here. That's my Facebook status, I can't wait for someone to accidentally misinterpret that. And these first few pages are nothing about history, they're about geographical formations. I doubt we're going to be tested on that, and if we are, I'll take the L, it's drink time. Drinking while working will probably help me focus anyways. Flood isn't helping me focus that much.

I would totally brew some coffee right now if I wasn't worried about the boiling water waking my mom up. Until then I'm stuck with seltzer water. Word to the wise, seltzer and ice cream does not make for a good drink. Chances are the majority of you are thinking "Well no duh, you're a fucking moron for thinking that would be even remotely enjoyable" but hear me out. An egg cream is just soda with milk and syrup. An ice cream soda is an egg cream with a couple of scoops of ice cream. And ice cream contains milk, flavoring and high fructose corn syrup as well as liquid qualities after a short period of time in regular temperature. There was no reason for this to fail! Also important to note, avocado makes any sandwich or salad about 100 times better. Don't try to argue that point, if you don't agree with me, your opinion is wrong. Done and done. God gave us a gift when he created a savory fruit that had such buttery rich capacities, and so much versatility (you can make desserts with avocado or a main course). And yet so many ignorant people spit on the name of the avocado like the ignorant pricks they are. Same thing with onions, except in the case of onions those people usually say some stupid bullshit like "I only like onions in my chicken" or "I only like onions in my burgers" or "I only like onions up" no I don't care onions are great and you suck. You know what I don't like? Lettuce. Lettuce is a waste of space anywhere. Except salads, because I understand it's the base of a salad, but that's all I appreciate it for. It has no flavor, very little nutritional content, it's just water and air. There are times when lettuce can be good, like a nice shrimp wrap for example, but that's a rare case. Most of the time it's nothing but filler, and bland filler at that. Bland foods suck. Wheat bread is better than white bread, brown rice is better than white rice, so get out of my face. The BLT is a good sandwich made better by removing the lettuce, and adding avocado, caramelized onions and garlic aioli. Man I need a pick-me-up to get focused.

You know I know quite a few people who experiment with adderall to help them focus on school work. They all do it sparingly because it's supposedly highly addictive. If it's so highly addictive, why is it given to children with ADHD? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. As do most painkillers. It's funny how people are so adamantly against the legalization of medical marijuana, because painkillers are so much healthier. You should be able to pick, but considering tobacco is legal, why not pot? You know what that's a stupid discussion for another time because whenever that gets brought up, the tangents go on and on and on... Wait, nevermind.

This first chapter is garbage, man. It's talking about geographical changes that they're totally not gonna test us on because this is US History. Not geography, not earth science, US History. Watch me be wrong and resent myself so much, but I'm skipping to the good stuff. Or rather, the "I actually think I might get tested on this" stuff. Or better yet, the "This may actually be on the test and it being later in the book makes me think that there will be less white supremacist undertones" stuff. Man this stuff is a chore. Schedules were supposed to be posted today. It's 2:37 AM and they haven't posted them yet. The reason I can't focus is because of this damn schedule scare. Like, if I don't get into the elective classes I want, or if I get really, really shitty teachers. I had to deal with the most heinous teacher ever last year for the worst mandatory subject, LATIN. I do NOT want any shitty teachers this year, but truthfully that's kinda inevitable. I just don't want any slimy, sleazy racist self-loathing assholes who take pleasure in making his or her students squirm with bad grades and making the worst jokes possible instead of teaching. If they put the effort in, I'm happy. If they don't put in effort, but the class is easy, I'm happy. And if I get my electives, I'm happy.

Oh yeah, about 75 minutes passed. Flood was okay. It didn't help me focus at all though considering I'm on page 9 and freaking out about my school schedule now.

Best Track: It's all one big track, but Flood 3
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote