View Single Post
Old 08-4-2014, 07:41 AM   #79
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXV: POSTGAME

Well, if we can't actually discuss that subtle sexism that no one even realizes is sexism is a thing, at the point in the game where tforce was reading as a towny, that Gun message yoshl congratulating him for being a wolf, therefore letting yosh know that at the end, funnygurl wasn't a wolf. Except no one else had this information at the time.

And this will be seen as a huge issue I'm sure, because the sanctity of a fucking game is more important to people than basic human decency.

It is specifically infuriating because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THAT IT WAS SEXIST. It's like if I were angry at being told to sit at the back of the bus because I was a woman because that's just where women sit, and then in response to that I got 'What? I don't see the issue.' I am being told that 'I'm overreacting' to being told to sit at the back of the bus because everyone else is blind as to what the fucking problem is. If it had happened, and then everyone let it lie like was going on, I would have been fine.

That no one, literally NO ONE in this thread understands why I am upset is frustrating as hell. This isn't about being personally attacked. This is about subtle sexism that exists outside of the nuance of TWG which happened to come up in TWG. What Gun said didn't even have anything to do with playing the game. My gender was being used as an insult. If this had been ANYWHERE else on this site, including TGB where insults and flames abound, that would not have flown. Because the standards of this website are such that

SunFan, fuck you. Fuck you and your fucking game. You didn't give us proper rules, you didn't give us proper times for phase ends, you fucking ruled that it didn't matter that yosh had info at the end of the game that basically damned me, and now you're fucking running away because I'm making people uncomfortable.

Here's a fucking clue. Address the problem head on. Seriously, this site is being fucking run by a bunch of fucking morons who can't see past their own understanding of what sexism is, is the problem. The reason this hasn't been addressed head on is because they don't understand why it's a problem, and are all like 'uh personal insults, um, ah, this is a game where people get insulted...not sure what to do'

What was a small, localized thing about Gun specifically has gotten turned into a much bigger thing because even though it got initially treated fine, it then got brought up that 'I over-reacted and that I couldn't possibly have actually be insulted by something insulting, it must have been a game play' and then having everyone else is now being like 'Cav, over-reacting'.

I am NOT over-reacting. YOU do not understand. And I don't know how to make you all understand, but I'm trying, because that's all I fucking want.

Fuck you mods. You're fucking idiots. You'll probably delete my post and ban me because, oh look, I'm insulting mods and that's against site policy and I guarantee that even though this is TWG forums where insults are allowed, this particular sort of insult and aggravation is 'taking it too far'. Oh, but how I was insulted and then poked with, wasn't.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote