View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #566
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dark Chancellor Pack 2 (ITS HAPPENING.GIF) Submissions Open

Magic (Gundam-Dude)
- I like this. There are some layering choices I'd do differently at certain parts (probably a personal thing since I like to layer to dynamics) but I guess there is nothing wrong with it.
- Your file might be merged with the other Magic file and called a collab/vs file.
Accepted

Magic (porkypink)
- The entire file needs to be shifted up one 8th note. The fuck happened here. I couldn't even fix this in SM5, had to go to 3.95 and do it. Is there not a copy/cut paste method in SM5?
- I played this without changing anything in SM3.95 and it was perfect. No 8th note shift needed. What the fuck is this. (upon further evidence the offset is -0.234 on 3.95 and -0.448 on SM5. The .sm file itself says the offset is -0.234. Don't know what SM5 is even pulling that number from.
- File is good though, I think I'll accept it and mix it with GD's file and call it a collab/vs file.

Proof of the Existence v2
- Pasted the new .sm file into the folder and removed the old ones. SM5 didn't even load it so I had to play this on 3.95.
- A bit dumpy at the end with the jumpstream but its alright. The file overall looks better
Accepted

Amatias
- Same issue with pasting the new .sm file into the folder. Can SM5 really not detect this?
- The part at m14 - m16 needs to have jumps every 8th note.
- I'd like to see the part at m80 - m83 be layered to the guitar rather than just a jump every blue note
- The one handed thing at m110, m111 should probably be 4-1-4 instead of -4-3-4. Not because I can't do it or anything like that, it just feels better based on how it feels to play the more layered part two measures afterwards.
- Same issue with adding jumps every 8th note at m136 - m138

This file is pretty close. It suffers from copy paste syndrome a bit. It would be nice to see some variation in the notes, at least when the song repeats for the third time. Pending

Endless Despair II
- It pains me so badly that there are no jumps in those first 8th note streams. I really want to put some there
- Consider making the yellow notes jacks in m49 - m54. You do that when you layer it more a few measures later and I think it would feel better to play. Same thing when it repeats at m107 - m113.
- I might change some of those rainbow notes to see if something syncs better, but that wouldn't be until later.

File is pretty good though. Accepted

IX
- Holy shit this file is fucking fun. Who are you an alt of?
- Would you mind doing a non jumpstream easier chart? I really want to see one.
- Accepted

Idola
- You're also an alt of someone I think
- Great file, I see nothing wrong with it. Accepted

This is the first time someone has submitted a file with a background video to any of my packs. I'm not really sure if I want to include it because it makes the file size larger (obviously), but I will most likely keep it.

Collision Point
- Accurate file, but you're layering based on piano dynamics. And some jumps/triples are inconsistent. There are some jumps that need to be triples, mainly in the first half of the song. Go look over that
Pending but accepted after changes are made

Atröpøs
- Missed a triple on m35 beat 2.5, based on the other triples in that area.
- The song is a little weak but the file is good. Accepted

Hakugin no Datenshi
- Feels like there needs to be a red jump every two beats during the stream at m21 - m23. Percussion layering. Same thing during the solo at m94 - m98. Maybe also during m110 - m114, though that one feels not as bad without it. Same thing at m146 - m152, m156 - m160.
- Missed 8th at m39 beat 2.5. Guitar note
- I think you can do more with the part at m138 - m145. More notes are there and it can be made a lot more interesting
- Missed 16th I think at m154. That part at m152 - m154 could be layered more to look better too.

Can't miss anything with these SSH songs. If done correctly they can be great files. This one is close but needs the fixes noted above. Pending

I did most of the judging in SM5 and had plenty of problems trying to look at files. I was really trying to give it the benefit of the doubt and I've been trying to use SM5, but this absolutely does not feel superior to 3.95.

Last edited by Rebirth0; 07-27-2014 at 10:35 PM..