View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #67
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: UK Bans Teaching Creationism in State-Funded Schools Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
Why does it fail? Why is the FSM any more unlikely than the Christian god? You just made a couple of inferences about creators and then without reasoning just concluded that FSM is a less likely alternative than the Christian god.

What you're arguing -is not- the point of the FSM argument. The point of the FSM argument is to show that you can replace the Christian god with anything you wish and it'll still make just as much sense (that is, none).
Who is to say that our creator -isn't- an all powerful flying spaghetti monster? Without proof it's just as likely and you simply can't make an assumption regarding a creator of the universe. We know that bees create beehives because we observe them create beehives. We don't know that for the creation of the universe.

edit: why do I even seriously reply to this thread..
edit2: The words you're looking for is "caused by", not the "the cause of". Buildings being "the cause of" humans would suggest buildings created humans.
I fixed the grammar issues, I obviously didn't proofread my post. However, I don't even want to respond to your arguments because you seem insistent on bringing Christianity into an argument where it isn't needed.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote