View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: The Warrior Diet

I haven't read the book and don't know a lot about it tbh other than that it sounds like intermittent fasting with a stranger schedule.

I think the idea of 'removing toxins from the body' and things like that are worthless ideas. 'Toxins' is a word that pretty much tips you off to the fact that something is a scam.

With that said, fasting and then overeating isn't a new idea and it can be quite effective. I don't see it having significant long term benefits over any other diet though. For the most part, it is often just a convenient way to eat and or makes it easier for people to eat at a deficit when cutting weight.

As such, my general rule of thumb when it comes to diets is - do what you enjoy enough to be consistent with and that makes you feel good. If it doesn't, there's probably a better diet out there, since there's nothing 'special' about any particular diet or way of eating IMO

(Though 'Keto' might be an exception to this, but most people don't eat what is truly a ketogenic diet and for good reason, but that's best left for another thread).