Old 05-27-2014, 07:41 PM   #940
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll
Default Re: Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
-Terry for bringing us to Burger's Priest, I wanna go back already (inlove). Thanks for taking us to see the last cherry blossoms (even though it was dark as hell), and the group shots were great

Looking forward to next year!!
I was amazed at how strong the turnout for the Burger's Priest was, especially since I've never really advertised it that much. Getting 15 people to show up to Feast at the Priest and then bring our burgers to McDicks across the street was an absolutely incredible experience, and Maggie gets full credit for that idea. The shocked look of the cashier's faces when I glanced at them was hilarious. I've been doing the Priest Run since 2012 and I live and die by these burgers because I haven't had anything better. (Holy Chucks is comparatively close, but not quite).

High Park didn't quite go as planned, but that was because of a grave mistake I made - I told the people who agreed to go to High Park to meet there..but I failed to tell everyone to meet at a specific point. A problem when the only contact I had was Ally. A bigger problem when High Park is 161 hectares big. Whoops!

Spoiler has some group shots.

The Big Group Shot #1: This was the first group photo I attempted and it came out mostly well save for the part where I cut myself off. This is effectively everyone who came to feast at the priest and then proceeded to McDicks. We were the life of the top floor.

The Big Group Shot #2: I did a retake because I wanted everyone to be in it, but the timer wouldn't go at first and then I asked someone to take the photo for us and somehow the focus changed from the centre of the table to the front. D:

Test Shot, High Park Centrepiece: This was to be my back up shot in case the Sakuras failed to last as long as they did all the way to the AN weekend. It ended up being the first shot because it was really the place we finally got everyone to meet at after about an hour or so of walking around each other in circles lmfao. Adding this photo because of inside joke with Stian and Luis: ALIENS!!!

High Park Centrepiece: The actual photo since it was probably 9:30pm when this shot was taken - the sun had long set and it was getting very dark. Luckily I've taken a bunch of night photos before, but it involved us standing still for about 20 seconds in order to get the shot. In these night photos you can see who stood still heh.

The Sakura Tree Photo: This was the photo I was hoping to get everyone with, but alas a group of 6 will suffice. There was still 2 Sakura trees that had managed to have some flowers left by Friday night, even though the peak bloom was the previous weekend and there had been rain the previous day. Very happy to have gotten this shot for the group.

Stian and Sakura: Stian is taking a picture of one of the last remaining Sakura trees still in bloom. Even at night they are wonderous. This was a focus shot for the Sakura Tree photo.

Sakura & Pond: While I had envisioned this to be around sunset so that the pink flowers would still be very visible, this will have to do. We get to see Grenadier Pond more clearly in the background as a result of the night time photo which was probably taken around 9;45pm.

Sakura, Pond & Ghosts: I had originally dismissed this as a mistaken shot where I forgot the exposure was on, but in 20 seconds it tracked the movement of all of us while we went to see what the picture looked like on my camera - while it was still taking a picture. The result is the silhouette of us with the whole of Grenadier Pond in the background. I think this turned out to be really cool.

Thanks everyone for coming to the Fantastic Friday Feast at the Priest. See you next year. ##
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote