View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #5
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: High-Level Thinker, Low-Level Student

For me, I got into that position from the very beginning due to patterns of laziness. The education system was too slow for me, and I did very little studying or work. By the time I reached a point where I needed to actually put effort into my work (around high school on), everyone else had developed good habits and got ahead in that way.

Like what everyone else is saying, you should set goals and complete tasks that you're interested in. Pursue some sort of study that you think you could do well in, that you would be passionate about, and start branching out and thinking about how all of these things you know relate to your life and the world around you. Think about what you're currently good at doing or enjoy doing, and see if that helps you find a starting point.

On top of that, start doing more social activities (which is easier said than done, I know), talking to people, so you can expose yourself to other views and ideas, as well as learn how to interact with people so you can better understand how to utilize the things you've learned and make connections.

It sounds like the two things I just mentioned fold back into each other, and they do. While you're doing all of these things, my recommendation is not to have the expectation that you're going to do great things. This can mislead you into being too ambitious or self-confident. Your first priority is gaining insight and experience. If you don't know how to live a modest life, it's not likely you'll be able to make a difference in modest people.

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote