View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #1065
travelingdp
FFR Player

Default Re: New to FFR? Say Hello Here!

Hello, everyone, I'm travelingdp! I was active on ffr many years ago (2007-2010), and I recently decided to make a return. I'm excited to be back, and I can wait to dig deep into ffr once more! The stuff after this is a little long, so you don't have to read it unless you really want to lol.

A bit about myself:
I am a musician from Alabama. I am currently studying Music Education and Music Technology at my university. I also teach Music Technology classes for local middle and high schools year round. My primary instrument is trombone, my secondary is euphonium, and I play piano and percussion and sing (baritone) for fun. I also compose/arrange pieces for various ensembles. Long story short: music is my life.

A bit about my play style:
I play a one-handed three-finger style. I have tried making the switch to a two-hand spread, but haven't found something that's comfortable for me. In the meantime, I just play three-finger and map ASDF as alternates (in StepMania) so I can use my left hand for emergency Hand/Quad situations.

A bit about my play history:
I began playing ffr towards the end of my first year of high school. My friend introduced my to it during class one day. I had played DDR for a while at the time (and was relatively decent), so I figured ffr wouldn't be much of a problem for me. I sucked. It wasn't long before I got hooked; I played every day trying to get better. After a few years, my skill had greatly improved. I was pretty good (relatively, of course. I was never anywhere nears as good as many of you, whose skills still amaze me to this day). I felt that was a good point to call it a day; I was graduating and heading off to college, and I had finally reached a satisfying point in my ffr career. I took a couple years to focus on my studies, so I never got much of a chance to play ffr. I would still play DDR on my PS2 every time I visited home or if walked past an arcade in a mall, but that was about it. During the winter Holidays in 2012, my life changed when I developed a rare condition called Cholinergic Urticaria. This is basically a severe allergic reaction to sweat (or rather, to the neurotransmitter that triggers sweat release). This ruined physical activities for my. Many of the things I loved to do (running, climbing, Frisbee, performing, playing DDR, and eating spicy foods) now caused me physical pain throughout my body. It didn't help that I live in one of the hottest and most humid states in the country. A year passed, and I was still dealing with that condition, but I really wanted to get back into something I used to enjoy. I decided to download StepMania and have been playing for a few months now. This week, I decided to come back to ffr to see how things were going over here, and now I'm typing this long introduction on the forum, so yeah... That's pretty much it. I'm excited to be back and can't wait to socialize and play with you all!

-travelingdp-
travelingdp is offline   Reply With Quote