View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #23
Dizzy_Gear
FFR Player

Default Re: can we get an interview thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Anyone who asks bullshit questions in an interview = probably not worth working for

Also: Believe it or not, (based on some studies I'm too lazy to look up), a great deal of one's job satisfaction depends on how well you get along with your coworkers/manager.
THIS THIS THIS!!!

I got the VERY lucky chance to get into the Technician field starting off as a part time labor helper. My work ethic was so good and I was so driven once I heard that they were looking for full time employees that I would not slack off, though I never do (it's not part of my work ethics). And it really showed. The lead Techs, my supervisor and many others who had been there 10+ years knew I was a winner based on how I worked and how anal attentive I was (yes, they actually said that. xD)

The best thing for you when going into an interview is confidence in yourself. That and trying to do a lil research into the company and know what you're getting into.

Also, you sound disgustingly similar to me in the 'doesn't prepare for interviews' topic, KgZ. I think winging it is one of the better things to do. It helps prepare you for any off the wall questions an employer may ask (and some will do that to see how well you can handle being thrown off-topic).

Weirdly enough, as a gov't contractor, my interview was rather short and to the point, but that may have also been because i was just being hired to put hardware in bags for 4 hours a day. XD
Dizzy_Gear is offline   Reply With Quote