View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #52
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: TWG CIX: Lames' Hosting a TWG Ball Post-Game (Wolves win)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
do you think jTWG is a solution, though? vets could be coaxing new players into interacting more and fleshing out a set of player relationships and creating points of contention and whatnot. I could be wrong as I was spectating pretty casually, but I feel like (in-thread) I just saw humans trying to call out wolf teams.

edit: granted, what I saw was humans trying to pick out wolves based on mislynch wagons, tone, reactions, etc. those are all valid and I respect the effort. I just think that saying other humans weren't doing their part - especially in an OOT game - doesn't fully hold up.
this game was very active behind the scenes. after a while, i set up a group chat with me, hans & tps just because we mostly trusted eachother and we were all talking so much to eachother individually that it needed to be made. we talked a LOT in that. we werent speculating about wolf teams. we were speculating about individuals. then after that, we'd say "yeah a x/x/x wolf team seems likely". we were all very invested in this game and we were really trying to figure out who the wolves were. i dont think any of the other humans showed that amount of interest except for sunfan.

furthermore, it isn't so much that the new players need to be active. its that the new players also need to be making smart decisions. throwing them in to a game with vets isnt going to force them to make smart decisions. experience will. experience they should be getting in a jTWG instead of making everyone else who knows how to play suffer because the noobs keep making stupid decisions. our doctor got caught because our jailkeeper did something dumb. other "new" green players kept making stupid and incriminating posts. our doctor also was making other people super suspicious of him for making bad/incriminating posts. after a while of me/hans/tps going "well i cant tell if this person is being dumb or if this is a strategy" and EVERY SINGLE TIME it ended up being "ok this person is dumb", i started to get extremely frustrated with the game not because we weren't killing wolves but because the new people were a huge hindrance to the game. no one should have to be so frustrated that they think "id honestly rather just lynch this dumb person just to get rid of them than someone i suspect might be a wolf". i wasn't the only one who expressed those sentiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.