View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #141
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: My depersonalization over the last year

Hi Smitty!

Just wanted to let you know I'm proud of you for trying to kick the habit. I don't have personal experience smoking the stuff, but I saw what it does to people.

My sister started smoking spice around the end of high school. My parents and I tried and tried to get her to stop but everytime we pushed to seperate her from the drugs she pushed to seperate from us. Eventually it got so bad she just up and left after having a fight about it with my dad. We thought okay, she'll be back in a day or two, but the days turned into months and the months into years.

She left for almost 2 years and lived on the streets in Kensington Philadelphia, living off thrown out doughnuts from the dumpster of a dunkin doughnuts. She emptied her bank acount, was held up at knife point, traded her car for drugs, and stole from stores generating warrants for her arrest. Eventually she gave up almost everything for the habit.

This is going to sound really cliché, but when she was pretty much at her lowest point (she admits that she thinks she was dying), a preist in Philly found her, talked to her and virtually nursed her back into somewhat decent health. He was able to get our information out of her, we were able to convince her to go into rehab, which she did.

And when she got out of rehab, she went right back to it.

It absolutely crushed my parents.

It took us another year and a half to finally get her to stop. She's 23 now, and basically lost 5 years of her life to synthetic marijuana. But the good news is she finally turned the corner about a year ago. She finally decided that it was time to stop, that the drug was ruining her life.

After seeing it, I'm convinced that the synthetics have such a strong addictive hold over people that nothing anyone else does can get them to stop once they've become addicted. The desire to stop has to come from the addicted person.

Reading through here I know you've already made that decision. It's going to be hard, but you can do it Smitty.

Here's hoping a story helps out on a tough withdrawl day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 02-11-2014 at 09:43 AM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote