Old 02-2-2014, 05:13 PM   #124
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: My depersonalization over the last year

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 View Post
if you're thinking about pills to help, things like that, go see a doctor lol.
people suggesting tramadol, etc... wow. not the place to get medical advice here hehe

He said he didn't want to take the painkillers offered to him, and it is safe to assume he was offered the more widely known highly abusable strong opioid receptor agonists. (Hydrocodone, morphine, codeine, hydromorphone, etc.) If the pain (which is not chronic) is enough to make things unbearable, I see no reason to suggest tramadol, a significantly weaker opioid agonist that is known to be less abused. In order to get the euphoria equivalent to one of the former, one would have to take a lot more of them at once. Like, A LOT more. I would hope for someone like smitty who has obviously shown addictive tendencies with substances that he is trying to overcome, that feeling the need to pop 10+ pills would be a clear indicator that you are addicted to something you had not intended to be, and while I wouldn't necessarily put it past smitty to succumb to eating a copious amount of pills to fuel an addiction, I would find it less likely that it would be the case as it is a synthetic opioid meaning non-narcotic, which was specifically intended to target pain while not being abused.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote