View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 07:14 PM   #97
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: My depersonalization over the last year

I've been thinking about how to contribute to this thread, but it's been a pretty steep process doing so. I really don't know what else to say other than you're doing a great job at keeping yourself under control, and should continue in doing so. I'm 100% certain this speaks in favor of your personality gleaning itself to one piece again, with success awaiting you at the end of the road.

If I may suggest you another option of keeping yourself busy at a time like this, go for what I call music-hunting on YouTube. Look up new artists, different music styles and what effects they might have on you. There are so many artsy gems out there, it has become a pretty unpleasant feeling to me when thinking of all the people who do not know about what's really out there, even if it rather sounds like I'm (yet again) accrediting my own music taste. But for this music, I wouldn't have been able to keep myself up emotionally. Its impact on me has been this great.

The music I'm referring to is chillwave / abstract or instrumental hip-hop / lo-fi / experimental electronic / new age jazz / ..., made by Nujabes, Flying Lotus, Pogo / Nick Bertke, Uyama Hiroto, DJ Okawari, Vanilla, Teebs, TOKiMONSTA, Gramatik, Mononome, Brock Berrigan, DJ Ezasscul, Amon Tobin, ... the list goes on and on. Also OSTs of games I played way back then and classical music accommodate me in keeping things smooth in my mind.

Obviously there are dozens of different genres that may have the same effect on you as this music has on me, but, try-hard inspirational sentence rite here, I've found the music for my soul and you should too if you haven't yet.

God bless

Last edited by Xayphon; 01-30-2014 at 07:42 PM..
Xayphon is offline   Reply With Quote