View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #20
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Bandwidth issues

Thanks for the link, if they have a consistent enough reputation so far then that might be the one B)

EDIT: When there are problems it looks like they're on the fukkn ball. Great stuff, gonna look into it. AND they're in London, way cool. I could just walk up to their doorstep if I have an issue. When the internet grinch gets home from work I'll be pitching these guys to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekeb View Post
I don't know whereabouts you live in Canada, but I've been with teksavvy for a few years and the only downtime I've had was a 2 day stretch a few months ago. The service has been a lot better than rogers, though. No cap that I can blow out in a week, and no more random disconnects.
Good to know, another +1 for teksavvy, though I don't think it'll happen with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
Call who you're with and threaten to switch or whatever. My parents used to have unlimited for a certain price for a long time until one day Bell said "yeah we're not doing unlimited anymore so here's a cap...also we're gonna charge you more money for less service haha pce." After a while my Dad called and said that he didn't want their internet anymore and was gonna switch but they said "hold your horses mate....how about we give you unlimited again?" Now my parents have no cap and pay less than I do for my internet, which is also through Bell and has a cap.

Also youtube is a big source of bandwidth for sure. One month my sister racked up over a hundred gigs just by watching tons of HD videos of people cleaning their rooms or showing off their boy band merch.
That's what my dad has done in the past, however they haven't given him unlimited, I think they just slightly increased his cap enough to keep him with rogers. I'll get him to call rogers before any big changes and see if they can offer him better shit. Though for the same price he's been paying, star apparently has way faster unlimited internet by default, and won't even need to pay for installation. Sounds p deece.

Last edited by Spenner; 01-17-2014 at 02:56 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote