View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #5057
omega_grunt666
Nescio quid faciam
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 9th Official Tournament -- Round 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp
D5 this year was a complete joke, over a quarter of them were D6ers.
Minus what happened with YoshL, Cedo and Flip the next two highest in that rivalry thread were not posting D6 worthy scores, and though Klimt and Josemba didn't partake, They also didn't have any really crazy noteworthy scores for D5 either. And then there is me with a 66 AAA. Totally D6 as well right?

We all worked incredibly hard to improve our selves over the course of the tournament and that is what got us as far as we did, not bad placement. I don't think a single one of us would of made it past round 1 (lottery chances round 2) in D6.

I'm sorry you feel the way that you do about the tournament, but you had the same chance to push yourself that we all had. Its unfortunate the tournament is setup the way it is, because its definitely in favor of people who can improve the fastest. You've played a ton more then all of us combined, So I would hazard a guess you are very consistent with your skills/scoring. Where as with Me/Jose/Klimt I'm pretty sure its our first official tournament, and while we have some experience we all definitely had many things that could fairly easily be improved with the right motivation. No sandbagging, as that would imply we were capable of these scores when the tournament started (ha!) but we were definitely in a good position to place well if we put effort into it.

Even though it would've meant I end up in 8th or something worse, I still say cumulative scoring would be a better solution. You can definitely see where a majority of people lose interest because they can no longer participate. At the very least I would leave people active on the scoreboard but disqualified from prizes. Then people can still play along and form rivalries/improve, plus you get the normal tournament action of fighting for prize positions.

Last edited by omega_grunt666; 12-20-2013 at 03:54 PM..