View Single Post
Old 12-7-2013, 02:41 PM   #426
M0nkeyz
Simfile Judge
Simfile JudgeDifficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I think what Riot was going for with the Blue Trinket was the ability to say safely check Baron over the wall at 45 minutes with a full build. In s3 if you lost vision control in that area due to enemy oracles, you either had to give it up for fear of a bait or just get your support to go yolo ward it (and occasionally die in the process, hence the snowballing problems with vision control) but now Riot can be like, "hey your mid/top can pick up a blue trinket and check it themselves"

I agree it's pretty weak now, especially in lane, but they are pretty substantially buffing the range and I am hoping it will have cool uses once they do. The whole problem with Clairvoyance was that it was incredibly weak in lane, but the ability to have something useful in lane (free ward/free sweep) and then switch out to a mini-Clairvoyance once laning ends should open up some possibilities.
The biggest problem with clairvoyance was the CD I remember when CV had like a 30-40 second cd it was the best spell for support, because you could completely shut down jungler ganks with it. I also think blue trinket should be more like CV in the sense that it should be global, because right now if you have enough game sense you can sort of guess where the enemy is by warding crucial chokepoints so to have a (1500?) range hawkshot isn't that good in higher elo's, might as well get a free ward. However, if it was global you could help out top-/midlane alot. And shut down the jungler completely by having 2 or more blue trinkets.also they should increase the range on red trinket, to offer some counterplay to champs like eve and rengar. Which are extremely OP at the moment.
M0nkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote