View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #451
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CIV: FFR Tournament - Reality Parallax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
in regards to riotpolice: yes, lying is generally a bad idea as a human, but the more important thing is why he was lying. as i was saying in mumble before this game started, i've lied as a human (to try and expose wolves) and it's come back to bite me, when if people had been paying attention they would have seen two obvious wolves.

so basically i want to hear from riotpolice WHY he lied to danceguy, and i want to hear from danceguy why this particular lie implicates riotpolice as a wolf, other than "he lied therefore wolf"
Riotpolice insists that he did not remember James May having a Skype account. he restated this last night in the group chat. I don't believe he's actually that forgetful.

why would this lie implicate him as a wolf, if he is indeed lying? because there's no reason to continually deny that you talked to someone when you actually did, unless you're hiding something. James May was a plain human, so Riotpolice wasn't lying in order to protect a human power role.

I agree with pnt that it wouldn't make much sense for a wolf to lie about talking to a human, either. but gauging from his reactions, I do think he's lying. perhaps Riotpolice planned to answer all "did you talk to ______" questions with "no" in order to avoid further questions. again, I conclude that he has something to hide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
I can concede that it's a pretty easy position to take. I tend to approach situations very slowly and cautiously.
I certainly wouldn't want to lynch someone for trying to proceed with caution. I think you look kinda wolfy because you haven't made any important votes, which can allow a wolf to skate by in stealth mode while humans try to plot out connections.

pointing out that quick instalynches are bad for the town is a good way to make it look like your actions are pro-town, especially if you already know the lynch will result in a human flip. it's definitely speculation on my part; that's the way I'm seeing it.

great analogies though.