View Single Post
Old 11-8-2013, 10:36 AM   #111
Untimely Friction
D6 Challeneged
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFRMania Engine: 1500+ songs and counting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
Late reply so oops.

But what you're doing is offering SM files with almost none of the intricacies left in tact. Ossa files lose all of their charm. Rogdor files lose all of their charm. Any file with gimmicks becomes just a standard chart. All theory, besides color theory, is literally lost in translation. Do you think files like Moches' Toki, Rogdor's Born This Way, or my Bridgeport Run play the same on FFR as they do on SM? The answer is no.

That's why some of us are kinda mad at this. A lot of these files were made with SM in mind. I just hope that people will download SM and play these files like they were meant to be played.
At the same time the idea for a lot of us using this engine is "Oh I've ALREADY PLAYED THESE ALL ON STEPMANIA MANY TIMES" So now I'm taking the work I did on SM, and with the charts I've more or less learned I'm much more comfortably able to transition to FFR where quite frankly I have more fun than on SM, to me, and many others who already play SM lots, this is a godsend and we fucking love it. Also for the sake of genre bias and for the sake of lower difficulties I suggested SulferDragons Astronomic Metal Collection 1-2 as they're great on SM, and great for lower leveled players who want to learn some of the harder patterns as they climb their way up in skill.
Untimely Friction is offline   Reply With Quote