View Single Post
Old 11-3-2013, 03:15 AM   #1999
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Great job Wolf, those are amazing results!

Starters tips to beginning fitness:
-As a note for people very afraid of being judged by your appearance, focusing on positives will help your motivation. Confront people (peacefully) who give you negative energy and if they still don't stop, block them out of your life. Most importantly if you are negative to yourself try saying out loud "I love myself" often every day. You may feel dumb at first but it really works. Make sure to get enough hugs too.

If the bullet point mentioned above doesn't apply to you start here:
If you are in a bad eating pattern, first you have to recognize you have been in one and that it's bad for you. And then you can focus on trying to correct that because that's the most important part of getting in shape and being healthy. For people who are out of shape and looking to get started I think it's important to make realistic short term goals rather than try to rush it. No matter how out of shape you are these guidelines apply to the vast majority of people.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm 6'2" and have steadily gained unhealthy fat for like 2 and a half years from like 155 pounds and am now up to 190 due to bad diet and not enough exercise. I can feel when I jog around the block I get out of breath quickly and it makes me sad. Being 22 it seems fucking weird because this is when I should be the most fit in my life. So I'm going to take steps to get fit again.

My first steps will be to fix my shitty as fuck diet by having substantial breakfast, lunch, dinner consisting of reasonably healthy food every day rather than eating out a lot (cut back on bad carbs, cholesterol, and sodium big time). The most important thing is the diet for now. Secondarily I'm going to walk around outside at least 3 times a week and maybe even jog a bit. Setting up DDR again might also be a good idea. Shooting some hoops is something I used to do too. Making a game out of getting exercise will probably do me some good.
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote