View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 02:19 AM   #9833
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: League of Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt.45 View Post
I'm thinking about investing some time into Thresh too. Is he a good choice? The only problem is he's banned like 80% of the time :/. I'm also saving up for another champion since im nearing 6300 ip... Not sure if to get Nami, Lulu or Zyra.
Thresh is really strong still, but more importantly the main thing about Thresh is just that he's really versatile and as a result he's really fun because you have different ways to approach most situations. Like, you can make a simple play on Thresh and feel awesome, but it's also that kind of champ where you can frequently see in hindsight something you could have done differently for a better outcome, and I like that depth in a champion.
Lulu is similar since her skills can do different things depending on who you use them on. Very verstatile, but a bit mana hungry in lane if you're not careful.
Zyra is pretty fun just because she does obscene damage for a support while still having great utility, but her skills are pretty one-dimensional. The typical tryhard Zyra game where I take non-offensive masteries and only have boots and sightstone and maybe an Aegis or Shurelya's (i.e. no damage items at all), I still frequently will do more damage than the jungler and maybe even a solo laner. Her damage is just incredible without really having to think about it that much.
Nami is a weird one for me, since so much of her power is tied up in the Q. Getting good W bounces when playing aggressively is really gratifying, as is intelliegently using her passive (which is something a lot of people don't even realize she has)
I'm not a huge fan but I have a friend who loves Nami... wait for a free week and give her a try I guess.

If you're used to the sustain a Sona brings, consider Thresh, Lulu or Zyra. Playing a non-sustain support is an interesting change, maybe you like it, maybe you don't. The difference between being able to passively sustain vs having to predicatively/reactively shield or just not having any mitigation tools at all is pretty important.

Don't be too worried about how viable a champ in this meta because season 4 is just around the corner, and the inevitable buff/nerf cycle changes things all the time. Find ones that are fun for you to play.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 10-26-2013 at 02:39 AM..