View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 9th (and 10th?) Official Tournament -- D7 (and others?) Format Change?

This idea and non-elim are both great ways in my opinion to run an official. the only argument against them really in my opinion is that officials "have always been elimination" which isn't really a valid reasoning anyway...

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I like this idea but only for D7 tbh. I'd hate for there to be a situation where someone in D1, for example, really pushes himself to improve throughout the first four weeks of the tourney to the point where he's low SDG'ing the round four song, but his chances of getting through to round 5 is miniscule given really poor first and/or second round score(s). These scores would've barely made it past the elimination threshold for each round if the tourney had followed that format all along, but cumulative scoring up until that point destroys his chances of continuing to round 5 onwards. In a division like D7, everyone's already well accustomed with the game and has been playing for quite some time, so even though a similar situation could arise in any division, I think it's most unfair to be put in that position if you're a newbie to the game.

Just something to think about given the steepness of the learning curve for lower divisions.
I can actually see this point to, so I guess I'm a tad bit more undecided than I thought
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote